Sadly, I have only been back to Charleston once after moving away a year and a half ago. It is my favorite place in America. I limit that statement to "America" because I haven't been to Europe, and I imagine that there are wonderful places there. Anyway...
While living in Charleston, the beach was my escape. Each and every time I walked on the beach, the sound of the world disappeared and I had an "aaaahhhhhhh" moment. I don't know that I would have had as memorable PGY2 residency year without the sand, sun, water and fun. I went to the beach every single moment that I had, so when I returned for vacation that is immediately where I headed first.
This trip was awhile ago (last June!), but since right now it is winter, 30 degrees and snow has been falling almost everyday, I am going to take a break from Ohio and re-visit this wonderful trip to Charleston last year. Maybe by the end of this post I will head to VRBO and plan my next trip!
After attending a friend's wedding in North Carolina, I headed down to the city of my dreams (with my best pal Winston) to enjoy a vacation with my best pal (Winston, of course). And of course, I can't forget my trip mates, Andrea and Brandon, who happened to vacationing in Charleston at the same time!
![]() |
| Are we there yet? |
Here are the highlights (plus a little more) from the trip:
1) My little downtown bungalow
This adorable little rental place was absolutely adorable. I would recommend VRBO for anyone traveling to Charleston (or I guess anywhere else) and would recommended this little charm for anyone traveling solo, with a total of party of two (or with a pet). It was pretty tiny, but perfect, and it was in a great location - 2 blocks from King and Market. Isn't this place the cutest? Wish I lived there.
| Winston made himself right at home! He was resting up for fun! |
2) Rooftop Bar
Shortly after arriving and unloading the car and Winston at house, I met Andrea and Brandon and we immediately headed to Rooftop Bar for drinks and the best views of downtown Charleston. This little gem is hidden around the hotel and you have to take this tiny, extremely slow elevator up to the rooftop bar. If you want these views, put this on your list of places to visit. When I grow up I will own a boat that lives at the marina.
3) Water Dogs
We drove back and forth from downtown to Folley more than a few times. Since it was "in season", dogs were only allowed before 10 am (I think?). We headed out with the little furry friends so they could enjoy their first beach vacation. It was hysterical. Following a morning in the sand and water, we headed to Lost Dog Cafe, also on Folley Beach (delicious and dog friendly). And returned to downtown with a car full of sand and dirty, tired dogs.
4) Back to the Beach, of course
Clouds didn't keep us away from enjoying time at the beach. Who knew collecting shells could be so much fun?! Pack a cooler, towels and don't forget to stop at Cosmic Dogs on the way out there.
| You wish your toe nails look like this, I know it. |
5) Jack's Cosmic Dogs
A trip out to Folley is not complete without a stop at Jacks Cosmic Dogs - the best dog place in the the world. Yes, hot dogs are hot dogs, but these have delicious blue cheese slaw on top. The only time I eat hot dogs - at baseball games and of course, on a trip out to the beach. Mmmmmm, I'm drooling!
6) Cocktails on East Bay
Brandon and Andrea were not nearly as impressed as I was with the Strawberry-Basil Martini at Squeeze.
Spending time with my ex-roommate, Matt was buckets of fun, as always I guess we forgot to take pictures. Why would we change things now?
7) BANA water.
Try it. It works and better than Pedialyte. Don't worry - it's supposed to taste salty.












No comments:
Post a Comment