Sunday, February 10, 2013

Back to Summer

Wow, I am extremely behind.  A whole half of a year behind.  Instead of taking 6 months to catch up for the past 6 months, I am going to do a short recap starting with last summer and Mount Adams.   Talking about summer makes me feel better already- sunshine, flowers and Cincinnati festivals, and talking about Mount Adams makes me nostalgic




So, for the top summer highlights (in the order of my memory)...

Before I start, I have to say that I am the most terrible blogger in the history of ever.  So, here we go - the fun is about ready to explode out of your screen (if you're lucky).  Get ready.  And if you get nothing else out of this, maybe you will warm up a little bit while you are recalling those warm summer memories in 80 degree weather under the sun and listening to wonderful music along the Ohio river.


1)  Bunbury!

If you did not attend Bunbury, make sure you mark down your calendars for Bunbury 2013.  Bunbury is the new outdoor music fesitval in Cincinnati which showed more than 100 artists across 6 stages at the beautiful Sawyer Point on the Ohio River.  My lovely neighbors and I happily marched Mt. Adams steps to enjoy 3 straight days of music, sun and more muisc.  Well, maybe a few cocktails also.  It was such great fun.  I discovered some new favorite bands including Capital Cities and Grouplove.  I will remain a fan of MidPoint Music Festival, but Bunbury now tops my list.  I still secretly listen to my Bunbury playlist on Spotify.






2)  Brew at the Zoo

Louisville, KY has a 150 times better brew at the Zoo than Cincinnati.  Why?  Well, #1 - it was on a weekend  #2 - the beer tasting tickets didn't matter  #3, dancing happened and #4 - the beer tables were handing out stick on tattoos.  And lastly, the Cicinnati beer/zoo combination evening was on a Thursday.  Booo, work comes very early on Friday morning.   It was enormously fun and hot.










3)  Labor Day Fireworks

Labor day in Cincinnati is a fun filled day of activities (that I have yet to attend) including a rubber ducky race down the river with an amazing, long fireworks show to end the day.  For the second year in a row that I have lived in Cincinnati, it has rained all day but not to be defeated, the fireworks went on and had many spectators.  This year I watched the show from The Banks pool area overlooking the baseball stadium while other firework watchers enjoyed the show from inside the pool.  During a lightening storm.  Well, until next summer...



4)  Summer in Mount Adams...

is beautiful and tremendously fun.  I'm not sure how I even left that area.  Besides parking, loud late nights and, well I think that's all I can complain about, I am petty sure that I love Mount Adams a million times better than downtown.  I had a lovely little backyard, wonderful neighbors and the ability to walk everywhere.  Here is what I am missing the most:

Outdoor DIY Projects.

Winston got big enough and smart enough to realize that he could jump over the rock wall and escape over to the neighbors house.  So I build a fence, which was pretty ghetto, but it worked.  He never escaped again.  And once again, I undertook this project thinking that it was going to be easy.  It was not.  

Protection required.

I think that a larger shovel would have been
very helpful.  It took 2 hours to dig each hole
with my small flower shovel.  Next time I
will listen to the people at The Home Depot.

Job well done.  Maybe next time call the landlord.


I was outside every minute that I could and so did Winston.
He loves bubbles.






Oh summer I miss you so much.  Hurry back.  I'm waiting.

XOXO,
Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment