Monday, November 7, 2011

O-H-I-O



I love college football, and of course the Oklahoma Sooners are my most favorite team and the Nebraska Huskers my second favorite.  But, Cincinnati is not close to either city, so in order to get in a little big of real live, loud cheering college football this year, I headed up to Columbus, Ohio this past weekend for a little bit of The Ohio State Buckeye cheer and to visit my MUSC friend Amanda.  I felt right at home surrounded by all the red.  Since it is November and I live in Ohio now, I prepared for the trip with boots, gloves, a scarf, a hat, ear muffs, and a 25-count package of hot hands.  Alright, I may have overdone it, but I was not going to be cold and crabby at my one and only chance this year at football.  


After getting a late start Saturday morning (imagine that), we had our own quick tailgate at home.  We quickly headed towards the stadium, only to sit in a bit of traffic.  In order to park on campus free of charge, Amanda threw on a scrub top and I quickly slid to the car floorboard covered by a blanket.  We passed right by security as an unsuspecting vehicle parking in the employee garage.  We were in, wa-la!  






I was very impressed with the stadium, and Amanda and I had great seats.  It was a beautiful 50 degrees at noon kickoff and with 6 warm hot-hands on my person, I was nice and toasty.  The game was a blast!  We joined in on the fan cheers, and I watched the cheerleads play leap-frog across the in-zone after touch-downs (really!)  Other game-time entertainment included our close surrounding fans (notice the entertainment in the picture above, and yes, that is one of those hairy hats that shouldn't even be touched much less worn - eww, and his friend sported a classy Hooters lanyard).  I kept wanting the stadium to shout Boomer and Sooner across the two sides, but instead O-H-I and O kept going around.  I yelled anyway, and then to myself yelled boomer-sooner.  The Buckyes won the game and after, we headed to the Varsity Club to watch both the Huskers and the Sooners.  What happened Huskers!?  


We had a great afternoon and a fun time on campus.  Eventually, navigation by foot took us back to the parking garage a mile and a half away.  I hope to make it back to the stadium next year, hopefully for the Ohio State vs. Nebraska game!!!  Thanks Amanda, for a fun weekend.




More game time activities.  Can you find Waldo?

No comments:

Post a Comment