Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Charleston moves in!

My most recent move away from Charleston, SC was devastating.  Tears fell from my face for the entire first hour as I was drove away from the beach, the sunshine and perfect city of southern charm.  Everything that I was sure not to find back in Cincinnati, Ohio.  

In order to keep my everlasting city of love alive in my memories, I am designing my living room in Mount Adams, Cincinnati, into a beach bungalow.  Slowly I have been collecting and putting together shells, yes, rather cliché, but required of a beach room, natural looking accents and things (without the sand!), and finally topping it all off with a wall filled with Charleston pictures.  

There is no other way to replicate Charleston other than showing the beautiful beaches and delightful downtown in photos.  I have printed and framed my favorites, taken by myself and by the wonderful Sara Lucas.  Last night I finally undertook the big adventure of hanging a wall full of gallery frames.  I anticipated this to be quite an adventure, but no need to worry... Martha to the rescue.  How is she such a genius?  Thanks to Martha, I used colored construction paper to map out the frames on the wall, nail the hangers and only have 3 extra holes instead of 12 in a matter of 2 short hours!  Okay, so they are not ALL exactly perfect, but close enough.

Now that I have brought my favorite parts of Charleston to Cincinnati, I can't wait to return to my favorite city.  I'm looking forward to a spring vacation on Folley Beach!  Is it time to start planning yet?



Yes, this would have been ideal, but this DIY-job will have to do:


1 comment:

  1. It is super cute! Good work, with a little help from our old friend Martha. Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete